First, you can’t help but feel hardcore (boot camp in the rain sounds very impressive); second, once you’re wet it doesn’t matter! The rain keeps you cool, and you can pretend not to be sweating nearly as much as you really are!
SIDE DISH – Rustic & Savory Sweet Potato Mash Up
Sweet potato (one – or as much as you want)
1 med onion
2 cloves fresh garlic
Unsalted steak seasoning spice
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil, divided (or butter)
Fresh or dried parsley
Wash Sweet Potato and slice into 2 inch slices, leaving skin on.
Boil sweet potato until cooked. Drain and mash.
In another pan sautee garlic and onion in 1 tsp coconut oil until caramelized.
Add sauteed garlic and onion to mashed potato and stir well.
Add the other 1 tsp coconut oil, steak seasoning and parsley and stir.
Serve and enjoy!
BREAKFAST – WARMING QUINOA PORRIDGE
- 2 c filtered water
- ¾ c rolled quinoa flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- ½ c apple, diced
- ½ c blueberries (if frozen, add before quinoa to thaw)
- ¼ c chopped almonds or hemp seeds
1. Boil water in small saucepan. Add the rolled quinoa and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and mix in the spices, raw honey, apple and blueberries and almonds. Makes 2 servings.
BEET DETOX SALAD
- 1 large beet, grated
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large apple, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (from fresh lemon)
- 4 c mixed greens
- 2 tbsp fresh dill or parsley, chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves minced garlic (optional)
- ¼ tsp sea salt (optional)
Toss all ingredients, except the mixed greens, together in a large bowl. Mix optional ingredients if using. Makes 4 servings. The dressing can be made and refridgerated up to two days in advance.
(Source: Meals That Heal Inflammation, Julie Daniluk).